Hope, Educate, Love, Protect (HELP) Program
A home based program using the evidenced-based National Exchange Club home visitation model that is family centered. Parent Educators conduct an assessment that captures the basic needs of the family such as: child safety, medical, dental, mental health, education and safe housing. HELP program teaches positive parenting skills that ensure the safety and well-being of children and their families and reduce the need for out-of-home placements due to neglect, abuse, and domestic depute. It also teaches family to navigate into their community to access resources that will ensure continuum support when they complete the program.
Our social workers are professionally trained and supervised individuals who provide supportive and educational, in-home services to families who are at-risk for child abuse and neglect. Social workers act as mentors and provide intensive support, information, and modeling of effective parenting — all in the home of the family. Services are family centered and focused on:
- Parental resilience is developed through teaching problem solving skills, modeling effective parenting, providing 24/7 support and referrals to services.
- Knowledge of parenting and child development is encouraged and developed through sharing skills and modeling strategies. Individualized help is provided in the home with the children.
- Social connections are developed and fostered through social support, building the individual relationship, and connecting the parents to others through group meetings, activities, and referrals.
- Social-emotional competence of children is developed through strengthening of the nurturing capabilities of the family; interaction of parents with the children is observed and modeling is provided for support of the children’s competence.
- Ensuring safety of the children, including attention to medical, dental, and mental health care needs, as well as safe housing and freedom from child abuse, neglect, and domestic violence.
More information on National Exchange Club home visiting program
2021 referral -fillable all programs
Program sponsored by Connecticut District Exchange Clubs, Connecticut Department of Children and Families, Fairfield County’s Community Foundation, Corporation & individual contributions.