Make today the day you choose to be a part of the change!
An optimal candidate for the board is:
Candidates with experience or who are interested in helping with marketing, public relations, fundraising, and social media.
Why you should consider joining this board: Our organization supports families in our local communities in need of parenting skills by helping provide evidence-based education programs in the prevention of child neglect and abuse. We are a group of dedicated professionals interested in the well-being of the children and families in our communities.
- Help develop a volunteer strategy for our organization and create appropriate positions
- Recruit, manage and train volunteers
- Interface with community partners
- 6-16 or more hours a week
Volunteer Event Planner
Special Events Volunteers perform a variety of tasks including planning and implementing events both at the Center and in the community, such as holiday parties, ceremonies, annual receptions, family fun days, nature walks, food banks, clothing banks, health education events, healthy lifestyles event, job search coaching, etc.
- The Event Planner must have strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with internal staff, Board of Directors and community partners
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish for both one day events (mini events) and projects with longer timelines
- Continuously identify/create new strategic community events with civic and corporate partners
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteer teammates to identify outreach opportunities and partners that may agree to host a special event
Volunteer Outreach Coordinator
The Outreach Volunteer will promote public awareness of the prevention of child abuse through public education, media campaigns and fund raising. This position will also help to recruit new volunteers and expand our network of community partners. This leads to greater public understanding and interest in our organization which in turn, helps facilitate fund raising efforts while shaping the public’s thinking and policies around this issue.
- Volunteer recruiting, training and education in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Creation, development and implementation of community events in collaboration with the Event Coordinator
- Creation, development and implementation of community fundraisers
- Creation, development and implementation of media/social media campaigns
- Being a liaison with community partners
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteer teammates to identify outreach opportunities and social networks that may be untapped
Volunteer Office Assistant
- Assist with day to day administrative duties at the office such as greeting visitors and community constituents, answering the phone, filing and maintaining records, organize office systems, writing memos, etc.
- Support the Board of Directors, Center Director and Volunteer Coordinator with daily clerical functions
- Help coordinate administrative details with Director and the Board of Directors on fund raising activities, mailings, newsletters, community outreach events and other special projects
- Assist with pre and post event communications and donor thank you letters and other communications as needed
Tech, Social Media and IT volunteer:
Assist with IT issues with laptops, desktop computers, tablets and cell phones. Some updating of software when needed.
Assist with social media and advertising.